Community Park was donated to the Village in 1945 by Mr. George V. Clum. In 1947, the Thornville Booster Club members and volunteers graded the baseball diamond, erected a fence and built picnic tables, benches and an outdoor fireplace. In 1951, the Thornville Lions Club took over development of the park and in 1957, completed the shelter house. Additional park amenities include a basketball court, two sand volleyball courts, child playground, and flower garden. The park is currently maintained by the Village of Thornville. Reservations for the shelter house can be made by contacting the Village Office. The shelter house rental rate is $75 ($50 plus $25.00 deposit).
Mini Park is located on West Columbus Street just west of the Village offices. The park was dedicated on July 4, 1976 to coincide with America’s 200th birthday. The park is located in the former location of the Thornville News Building. The focal point of the park today is a large Veteran’s Memorial with the names of local soldiers. Each Memorial Day at the park, a tribute honoring veterans takes place as part of the Thornville Memorial Day parade.
Thornhill Park is located near the entrance of the Thornhill Estates subdivision. The park consists of approximately 3 acres and includes a small grass baseball diamond and football field. The park is maintained by the Village and Thornhill residents.